Friday, June 13, 2008

Abundance and Gratitude - Day 1

Im going to participate in an exercise that is a great idea from Millionaire Mommy Next Door to re-focus on manifesting abundance thankfulness.

I strongly believe that we create our own reality and that we are responsible for manifesting the life we want, including the financial life. The idea of the exercise is two part.
1) Every day for the next 30 days, blog about how I would spend an ever doubling amount of money, with no duplication! $100 today, $200 tomorrow, etc
2) Be grateful, and record what I am feeling thankful about

Her post reminded me of a beautiful book I read called Ask and It Is Given. This book taught me a valuable lesson. Not only do I have t ask the universe for what I want, I have to be on the right frequency to receive it! In the book they have a great financial example: if you are feeling poor and focusing on the lack of wealth in your life, simply asking for wealth isnt enough. You are essentially manifesting a continued lack of wealth by focusing on the lack of wealth you feel. You need to pivot towards the direction of abundance and wealth to manifest abundance and wealth.

Day One: $100 spending spree
Flowers - an orchid for my desk and some gerber daisies for the house ($70)
Magazines - Utne, Blackbook, Tokion, Mass Appeal, Elle ($30)

I am grateful for:
- sunshine, the weather in SF is beautiful and warm
- music, listened to Graduation on the way to work this morning and it made my morning
- a lightened spirit, today I feel much better than I have in a couple weeks...my load feels lighter

Thanks again for the idea Millionaire Mommy!

No comments: